ICOs or Initial Coin Offerings have emerged as an important source of funding for blockchain based projects with over $5 billion raised in 2017 and more than $6 billion raised in the first quarter of 2018. But the number of scams and failed ICOs has made investors skeptical, regulators more alert and social media networks apprehensive of legal action. All this has, in turn, made ICO marketing a tough proposition, even more so with the bans on ads being imposed by some of the largest sites, including Facebook, Google and even Twitter. So, what can be done to create a marketing campaign that delivers results and helps a genuine project raise the necessary funds via the ICO route?
Developing a Well-Planned ICO Marketing Strategy
A well-planned and executed ICO marketing strategy is a must for the success of a blockchain project. The aim of your marketing strategy must be to target the right audience through the right channels in a bid to showcase why your project is worth investing in. Those with a legitimate business idea can study and analyse previous token sales from similar blockchain projects and use the knowledge to develop a results-driven ICO marketing campaign.
Marketing is not a small task. It requires commitment, dedication and the right approach in order to drum up the attention needed to generate the required funds. As many start-ups also have a relatively small marketing budget, keeping costs as low as possible is also a priority.
So, what is the best possible way to develop a marketing campaign for a genuine project? The solution lies in approaching a full service blockchain marketing solutions provider. In fact, it is always recommended to enlist the services of a specialised agency that not only understands the intricacies of blockchain technology but also has the right tools to educate the target audience and generate excitement around an ICO campaign.
Benefits of Using a Specialised ICO Marketing Services Provider
An expert agency, specialising in offering the full range of marketing services for ICOs, can be of great help. Here’s how:
• The agency will be well-versed with the world of blockchain and know when and where to reach out to a specific target audience.
• These agencies offer exceptional content marketing techniques that can help to communicate your brand values and explain trickier concepts easily. Agencies can also promote your offerings among the most active crypto communities online.
• From preparing the whitepaper to keeping the public updated on the progress made by your project, agencies have the skills and experience for just this type of marketing.
• Publicising your project through advertisements or media campaigns that actually yield results is important. Many agencies use affiliate marketing techniques to track each advertisement or link to assess its true impact. Performance-based marketing solutions therefore ensure value for money.
• Agencies help ICO projects to identify Key Performance Indicators or KPIs to gauge the performance of their marketing campaigns.
• Constant tracking and evaluation of your marketing campaign allows you to modify the strategy for best results and maximum outreach.
So, the first and most crucial step in developing a results-driven marketing strategy for your ICO is to get in touch with an agency that specialises in promoting blockchain-based projects.