Companies trying to establish themselves in the blockchain sector by raising funds via token sales have been hit hard by the recent ban on crypto-related ads by internet giants like Google, Facebook and Twitter. Against this backdrop, blockchain performance marketing offers a cost-effective solution to gain visibility and promote innovative ideas.
Affiliate marketing is not a new concept and has been a powerful source of income earned by driving traffic to sites that offer incentives based on desired actions by visitors. The income taking the form of performance-based commissions gave it the name of performance marketing.
The relationship is symbiotic, as the process benefits both – the marketer and the website owner. Marketers are rewarded for their efforts to direct traffic, while website owners benefit from an increase in traffic to their site.
So, if you’re part of a blockchain start-up that needs targeted traffic or have access to a community that focuses on this sector, blockchain performance marketing could prove to be highly advantageous.
The biggest challenge, however, is connecting with a large number of astute marketers or trusted site owners who are focused on the blockchain sector. The answer lies in joining a powerful affiliate network platform, like Affilichain that connects advertisers to affiliates and provides tools to track the results achieved. To maximise coverage, Affilichain’s system is designed to attract established affiliates and promising projects across the blockchain industry, covering:
- Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)
- Crypto Wallets
- Crypto Brokers
- Crypto Exchanges
- Payment Services Providers
- Blockchain-based online stores
- Education Platforms
Blockchain Performance Marketing: Benefits to Affiliates
This gives an opportunity for affiliates to monetise their blog or social media profiles. There are multiple revenue streams, including:
- CPL (Cost Per Lead): Earning a commission on every visitor your traffic generates
- CPA (Cost Per Acquisition): Earning a commission on every visitor who performs a desired action
- CPS (Cost Per Sale): Earning a commission on actual sales generated from your traffic
Blockchain Performance Marketing: Benefits to Site / Project Owners
- Payment is Performance Based: This is the main advantage of blockchain performance marketing; since you spend only when your site experiences an increase in traffic or a desired action is performed by the visitor (maybe filling out your contact form or subscribing to your newsletter).
- Increase Visibility of Your Brand and Offering: While you pay only for visitors to your site, there may be a larger group of people reading about your company and offerings through the content published by affiliates.
- Diversify Your Marketing Efforts: Get access to affiliates from different regions, industry segments, demographics and specialisations.
- Expand into New Markets: Blockchain performance marketing allows you to access markets that you otherwise may not have had the bandwidth to explore.
- Get Credible Backlinks: Affiliates share links to your website on their established blogs or sites as well as on reputed forums and via social media posts.
- Association with Experts: Some affiliates may be experts in their field. When they recommend your offerings, it helps further your company’s reputation, contributing to brand building and solidifying confidence in your company and offering.
- Cost Effective: Blockchain performance marketing is by far the most cost-effective way of building brand awareness, driving site traffic and getting backlinks. Moreover, it allows you to expand and diversify your sales team without any overhead costs.
With marketing costs escalating and traffic coming at a premium, blockchain performance marketing needs to be part of your overall marketing strategy. It’s a great way to promote your blockchain project through an affiliate network and pay only for results.